The charm of this popular region has enchanted school groups for many years.
Educational Visits & Study Themes
- The three Towers in La Rochelle, guarding the entrance to the harbour, are particularly imposing. The Tour St Nicolas, the largest tower, was linked at night by a heavy chain to the smaller Tour de La Chaine to prevent attacks from marauders. The smallest tower, Tour de La Lanterne, one of France’s rare medieval lighthouses, also served as a prison. Prisoners’ graffiti from 17th and 18th centuries are to be seen inside.
- La Rochelle Aquarium, with 10,000 different species in 3 million gallons of water, and a variety of habitats, this visit never disappoints.
- The Marais Poitevin, or La Venise Verte, is a network of enchanting canals protected by ash treesthat you can explore by punt. Boatmen provide an informative commentary on this unique area.
- Puy du Fou, historical theme park with fascinating shows featuring gladiators, Vikings, medieval knights and a reconstructed 18th century village.
- Futuroscope, European Park of the moving image. Attractions include 360 cinema, 3D films and the magic carpet where the action is screened in front and beneath you.