Provides a delightful quick introduction to French culture and is crammed with fascinating historical attractions.
Educational Visits & Study Themes
- Numerous World War II sights to be discovered, many relating to the Normandy landings.
- Arromanches 360° cinema, provides a vivid description of the events in 1944 and is well worth a visit.
- Various war cemeteries in the area provide moving and educational experiences for groups.
- The Bayeux Tapestry, 70m of embroidered cloth that tells of William the Conqueror’s expedition to England and of the momentous Battle of Hastings. Audio guides explain the tapestry and a slide presentation is shown in English.
- Falaise Castle, William the Conqueror’s birthplace. The area also offers a wealth of other medieval castles and sites of interest.
- Local culture, visit street markets and local producers including bakeries, chocolate factories, oyster farms, goat farms and biscuit makers.