Easily accessible from the UK and ideal introduction to French life and culture for school trips.
Educational Visits & Study Themes
- Château-Musée, Boulogne-sur-Mer, museum whose exhibits include artefacts from a variety of ancient cultures including a collection of unique Alaskan masks and a collection of ceramics. Wide range of temporary exhibitions throughout the year.
- Historial de la Grande Guerre, Péronne, fascinating exhibits exploring the origins and consequences of World War I. Educational workbooks available.
- Vimy Ridge, World War I trenches and monument to Canadian soldiers. Canadian guides give tours of the tunnels and battlefield.
- La Coupole, V2 rocket installations and gives a taste of daily life during the German occupation of World War II.
- Becasuc Sweet Factory, demonstrations of confectionary production and a chance to taste and purchase.
- L’Halte d’Autrefois, Hesmond, guided tour of goat farm with opportunities to pet the animals. Try your hand at milking. Make your own bread and bake in the rustic stone oven. Visit lasts 2 hours.
- Wierre Effroy & Neufchatel-Hardelot Bakery, watch croissants and baguettes being made and sample the produce.
- Les Escargots du Bocage snail farm, find out all about this French delicacy. Guided tours from mid-April to October are a lot of fun.
- Nausicaá, Boulogne, A fascinating sea life centre and aquarium with superb educational materials.
- Aqualud, Le Touquet Paris Plage, large water park with a wide variety of slides and pools. Cafeteria and boutique.
- Le Touquet Paris Plage Tourist Train, explore Northern France’s most trendy holiday resort by tourist train. The tour lasts 40 minutes and includes town centre, historic monuments and the forest with its elegant villas.
- Bagatelle Amusement Park, theme park near Le Touquet with exhilerating water rides and rollercoasters for the dare devils in your group, as well as more sedate children’s entertainment and regular shows.