A thriving fishing port that provides multiple attractions for a very successful one day school trip.
Educational Visits & Study Themes
Attractions in and around Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Cathedral basilica of Notre-Dame, with amazing crypt – see the stone cannon balls employed by Henry VIII when he besieged and captured Boulogne.
- City wall, built at the beginning of the 13th century with four gateways. Amazing view of the old town and port.
- “Centre Ville” of Boulogne, a bustling mixture of shops, restaurants and cafés, bisected by pedestrian streets and with the cobbled square overlooked by the ancient Church of St Nicolas, protector of sailors.
- Nausicaá, the French National Sea Centre with superb aquarium and amazing interactive displays.
- Becasuc Sweet Factory and Beussant Chocolate Factory, as well as local bakeries. Educational but also very popular.
- Hypermarkets, offering good opportunities to buy gifts and practice language skills!