Cologne, Rhineland’s capital, offers a wealth of sights and attractions for stimulating school trips.
Educational Visits & Study Themes
- Cologne Cathedral, the largest Gothic church in northern Europe and one of the most beautiful, with a very chequered history.
- Odysseum, recently updated with new displays. Themed worlds offer over 200 interactive workstations where students can learn about anything from the big bang to the future of our planet.
- BayKomm, Cologne, the Bayer visitor centre demonstrates how science plays a part in everyday life, using interactive games and entertaining experiments.
- Imhoff Stollwerck Chocolate Museum, shows the entire history of chocolate, from its beginnings with the Olmecs, Maya and Aztecs to contemporary products and production methods. Sample the three metre high chocolate fountain!
- Deutsches Sport & Olympia Museum, covers 2,500 years of sporting history, using interactive exhibits. Displays include Michael Schumacher’s F1 car and an original racing bobsleigh.
- Bayer Leverkusen football stadium, guided tour in English of stands, pitch, changing rooms, press room and fan club. Perfect opportunity for football fans to buy souvenirs.