A beautiful but unspoilt region rich in stunning landscapes, traditional heritage and some of the world’s most amazing cave paintings.
Educational Visits & Study Themes
- Santander, a modern town, administrative capital of Cantabria. It boasts a maritime museum and planetarium, Magdalena Park and zoo and the Sardinero Headland. The excellent covered market operates every morning, Monday to Saturday.
- Santillana del Mar, a medieval village best explored on foot. The Museum of Torture displays implements from the Spanish Inquisition and is not for the squeamish!
- Puente Viesgo, prehistoric caves with remarkable cave paintings and impressive stalactites.
- Cabárceno, an extensive nature reserve and wild animal park, with picnic areas.
- Picos de Europa, mountain range to the west of Santander with spectacular scenery. At almost 2000m the cable car ride at Fuente Dé requires a good head for heights!
- Bilbao Guggenheim Museum, a unique modern and contemporary art museum that’s an architectural masterpiece in its own right. It exhibits works of both Spanish and international artists.